Registration for Classes Nursery to IX opens in the first week of November. Parents are requested to send a Demand Draft of Rs.500 towards Registration in favour of “ Principal, Carman School, Dehradun” alongwith the Registration form. (The online registration form could be printed and send to us at the school address mentioned in the form)
- Candidate seeking admission in class Nursery should have completed 3 ½ years of age as on April in which year admission is sought.
- Admission in class Nursery would be on the basis of a simple interview so as to see the level of understanding, discipline and activity of the child.
For Classes K.G. to IX
- Admission in classes K.G. to IX would be on the basis of an Entrance Test in the basic level of English, Hindi, Mathematics and Science for the class in which the admission is required.
- The result is declared within a week and the child is admitted, according to the order of merit and depending upon the number of vacancies in the class.
- The child who has secured a seat will be given one week in which he/she can complete the admission formalities, failing which the seat will be allotted to the candidates in the waiting list.
- In case of withdrawal once the admission formalities are complete, the school will refund only the security amount.
For Class XI
The admission in class XI into the various streams (Science / Commerce) is purely on the basis of the marks scored in Class X , however registration are open from the first week of November. Such candidates must get in touch with the school admission cell as soon as the I.C.S.E (Class X) results are declared.
The subjects offered in class XI are as follows:-
5. HINDI / MATHEMATICS / COMPUTERS / ART
4. *MATHEMATICS / BIOLOGY
5. *BIOLOGY / HINDI / COMPUTER SCIENCE / ART
* Following combination of subjects are not allowed
i) BIOLOGY and HINDI
ii) BIOLOGY and COMPUTER SCIENCE
NOTE: For admission into the Science stream, child must have obtained a minimum of 70% in Mathematics and 70% in Science.
Students opting for the Commerce group of subjects and wish to take Mathematics as the 5th subject must secure a minimum of 70% in Mathematics.
Admission to Class XI for students of Carman School, Dehra Dun
The students wishing to continue their education in the school after their Board Exams must rejoin in the beginning of the academic year i.e. in the month of April. These students will be granted provisional admission on the basis of the preliminary exam results till the day the Board Exam result are declared. Admission as well as their stream of studies will be confirmed after they have achieved the required percentage laid down by the school.
Children not possessing the required percentage will not be given admission in the science stream of subjects. However, such children will be offered the Commerce stream of subjects provided they inform the school in writing within 7 days of the I.C.S.E result being declared. All money, by way of admission fees and the school fees deposited will not be refunded in case of a child fails to achieve the required percentage set by the school for the various streams of subjects offered.
The Principal’s decision regarding the admission is final.
Payment of Fees
The fee is collected on a quarterly basis and is to be paid in the bank, latest by the 10th of the month. A fine of Rs. 100 per month is charged for late fees.
Admission as Day Boarder The school also offers day boarding facilities from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. during which the child attends school, has lunch, special tuition and then attends games.